Hailey Lawrence – Week 1
– Insight: There is so much consolidated trash in the ocean that its surface area is similar to a country. When you’re part of the united nations, legally other nations have to help you.
– Why I like it: I thought it was a very smart loophole for making other nations have to care about the trash problem. Another reason I liked it was the design elements such as the currency the created for it.
– Insight: The NRA donates millions of dollars to political candidates that control and create laws around guns.
– Why I liked it: It was a super simple effortless design execution that was so shocking once you see it and realize how crazy the numbers are you are forced to realize how messed up it is that there is literally a dollar amount assigned to each school student in every state of how much they are worth to politicians.
– Insight: People in Cambodia have severely low iron levels that are affecting their health & they are also a superstitious community who have certain symbols that mean a lot to them.
– Why I liked it: I thought it was a brilliant and cost effective way to solve a very serious wide spread health problem & when they created the iron fish it became a really interesting product design solution.